New rumours have hit the blogosphere just ahead of the Nokia Zoom event of July 11. MyNokiablog received some information from an “anonymous” source that Nokia is going to announce their first tablet next week which will be equipped with their “Zoom” camera tech. A separate Zoom range of tablets and phones with “good” cameras.
Well, that would a great differentiation point for Nokia tablet(s) from the iPads and Galaxy Tabs as the cameras of these tablets aren’t very good. Power them with Windows8 and you’re good to go.
Rumour also has it that there will be more Lumias coming with bigger displays.
Here’s what their source said:
• 10.5″ tablet, 8.5mm thick
• 8.5″ tablet
• Available in Green, Black, Pink, Blue, Green, Yellow, White
• Both Aluminium
• Zoom range is a family of devices – putting good cameras into phones and tablets.
• Big phones – Lumia 525 – 4.5″ like the 920 and friends
• 625 has a bigger 4.6″ screen
• Nokia Lumia 725 has a whopping 5″ screen
• Nokia Lumia 825 has a phablet like 5.2″
• Nokia Lumia 926 has a 5.5″ screen.
• In 2014, Nokia’s phablet will be in the
6-7″ range. Coming mid June.
We are told that the:
This information is not a fairy tale … You’ll hear more soon from Nokia
Bigger screens for the low end devices sounds good (it’s not that we’re hearing this for the first time), but 5.5″ for Lumia 926 (or for the flagship device) ? Yeah, take it with a pinch of salt. It’s apparently only a rumour as of now. We’ll get to know more in the coming weeks.