After so many rumours about the Pure View technology and that ‘Pure View‘ video teaser that Nokia itself posted on their youtube channel few days ago, today, at the MWC event in Barcelona, Spain, Nokia finally announced the much awaited and most anticipated N8 successor – THE NOKIA 808 PURE VIEW, with a HUGE, Jaw-dropping 41 MegaPixel Camera Sensor. Yes, you heard it right! The Nokia 808 Pure View has a 41 megapixel Carl Ziess Optics camera. (Myyyyyy Gawwwwwwddd!!! Pinch me please!!! :P)
This beautiful piece of technology comes with our own Symbian Belle “Feature Pack 1” (improved performance, personalisation and entertainment options, with a new browser, the latest Nokia Maps and an improved notifications bar) with a fast 1.3Ghz Processor, 512 MB of RAM and all those features which Nokia N8 have.
Here’s what the Nokia Press Release said about it :-
Nokia today ushered in a new era in high-end smartphone imaging with the Nokia 808 PureView. This is the first smartphone to feature Nokia PureView imaging technologies, bringing together high resolution sensors, exclusive Carl Zeiss optics and Nokia developed algorithms, which will support new high-end imaging experiences for future Nokia products.
The Nokia 808 PureView features a large, high-resolution 41 megapixel sensor with high-performance Carl Zeiss optics and new pixel oversampling technology. At standard resolutions (2/3, 5 and 8 megapixels) this means the ability to zoom without loss of clarity and capture seven pixels of information, condensing into one pixel for the sharpest images imaginable. At high-resolution (38 megapixelmaximum) it means the ability to capture an image, then zoom, reframe, crop and resize afterwards to expose previously unseen levels of details. With superior low-light performance and the ability to save in compact file sizes for sharing in email, MMS, and on social networks, the Nokia 808 PureView makes it possible for anyone tocapture professional looking images in any conditions.In addition to superior still imaging technology, the Nokia 808 PureView, also includes full HD 1080p video recording and playback with 4X lossless zoom and the world’s first use of Nokia Rich Recording. Rich Recording enables audio recording at CD-like levels of quality, previously only possible with external microphones. The Nokia 808 PureView also features exclusive Dolby Headphone technology, transforming stereo content into a personal surround sound experience over any headphones and Dolby Digital Plus for 5.1 channel surround sound playback.
- 123.9 x 60.2 x 13.9 mm (LxWxT) 17.95mm at Camera, Weight with Battery- 169g.
- 4″ inch CBD nHD Capacitive touchscreen (640*360 pixels) with Curved Corning Gorilla Glass technology.
- 1400 mAH Battery with (GSM) Standby and 11h (GSM) of Talktime.
- WLAN, HSDPA (14.4 Mpbs), HSUPA (5.76 Mbps), Bluetooth 3.0, HDMI, USB-OTG, NFC, A-GPS, FM-transmitter.
- 1.3 Ghz processor, 512 MB RAM, 16GB internal storage.
- Nokia Belle OS with Feature Pack 1.
- Flash lite 4.
- 41 Mega Pixel Camera Sensor with Nokia Pure View Pro imaging technology and Carl Ziess Optics.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording @ 30fps.
- It will start shipping in Q2 2012 at 450 Euros (around 32000 rupees) in three colors- Black, White, and Red.